EVEROXI-OXIDISED STARCH (MODIFIED STARCH FOR PAPER SIZING)
· EVEROXI is a modified maize starch (Oxidized starch) used for surface sizing operation during manufacturing of paper/board.
· The use of Oxidized Starch in size solutions of high solids is to seal pores, tie down loose surface, fibers,improve surface strength and to provide hold out printing inks.
· A higher concentration than acid thinned starches can be used for better finish of printing paper.
· Solutions of Oxidized Starch are clearer than those of acid thinned starches and have less setback
· EVEROXI has good paste stability, clarity and reduced tendency to retrograde. It has lower pasting temperature. It provides tough, clear and flexible films.
· Pastes are more stable to salts and hard water than pastes of cationic or other anionic starches.
o Improved print-ability and pigment coating
o Improved brightness, smoothness
o Improved surface strength and provides hold out of printing inks.